The primary challenge in offering clear guidelines about business licenses stemmed from the complex regulatory landscape. Entrepreneurs had difficulties accessing relevant information and continuously encountered outdated data. A solution was needed that would simplify how companies can navigate requirements, licenses, notifications, and additional documentation. The scope included all information necessary for initiating and operating businesses within the legal frameworks.
The project progressed through several key stages:
Phase 1: Research and Discovery
We took a strategic approach to address both entrepreneurs’ and regulatory needs. As a first step we conducted a comprehensive analysis of the existing licenses and notifications relevant to business initiation. At the same time we mapped the needs of the entrepreneurs. This process included workshops and interviews.
Phase 2: User-centered Design
Based on the insights gathered we described 2 specific user personas and the customer journeys. We also highlighted key pain points and defined requirements. We continued to draft the initial concept on a wireframe thought applying user-centric design principles.
Phase 3: Prototype Development
Once the wireframe was confirmed we designed a clickable prototype. This allowed us to visualize the functionality, test with the users, and give the solution a final refinement. As a result, we delivered a prototype of the minimum viable product (MVP) that was ready for development.
The project achieved the following milestones through research, innovative design, and stakeholder engagement:
- A well-defined future solution concept catering to entrepreneur challenges.
- A clickable prototype offering a tangible demonstration of the solution’s capabilities.
- Clear identification of user groups and their personas along with user journeys.
- Recommendations for the development of the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) guided by project insights.
- 3 collaborative workshops involving relevant stakeholders.
- 16 ethnographic interviews with entrepreneurs, uncovering essential user perspectives and needs.