Evocon, an OEE software company, aimed to expand its international reach as their product had significant potential with a drop-off rate of less than 5%. The company’s management set ambitious goals for growth.
To achieve these objectives, it was necessary to build a clear strategy and an action plan. Additionally, as the company was planning to build an in-house marketing team in the near future, it was essential to define the outlines for the roles.
To increase the number of cold leads globally and support achieving the company goals we developed Evocon’s Marketing Playbook. This comprehensive document outlines the marketing strategy and a 1-year marketing plan.
In addition, the Playbook includes a digital dashboard collecting and visualizing critical data, such as website traffic, offline trial leads, and a ROAS (Return on Advertising Spend) model for ad expenditure as well as recommendations for essential marketing competencies.
The creation of the Playbook involved two key steps: analyzing the current situation (As-Is) and defining the desired guidelines (To-Be).
The As-Is analysis included:
- Mapping key marketing stakeholders.
- Conducting interviews with five international clients to gain insights into their perspectives.
- Interviewing team members to better understand the company’s operations and its sector.
- Defining personas for customers and resellers
- Conducting competitor workshops together with the Evocon team.
- Analyzing competitors and their positioning within the sector.
- Analyzing the value proposition.
- Conducting a thorough SEO research.
The research phase formed the foundation for the comprehensive Marketing Playbook.
The Marketing Playbook serves as a guiding document for all marketing activities within the company, outlining core principles and measurable goals collected in the digital dashboard.
Additionally, it serves as a valuable resource for onboarding new team members or agencies, streamlining the process of understanding and executing marketing activities.
The Playbook includes the following key elements:
- Defining personas based on the value proposition, shaping the main messages aligned with the customer journey.
- Outlining suitable marketing channels and a content strategy to maximize outreach and engagement.
- Developing a visual digital dashboard with key metrics that are easy to comprehend for board members.
- Creating a one-year marketing plan, including a ROAS model to assess the value of ad spending.
- Providing suggestions for essential marketing competencies to enhance the team’s capabilities.
- 2 workshops together with Evocon team
- 6 interviews with team members
- Simple and visualized digital dashboard
- 1- year actionable marketing plan
- 2 defined marketing profiles for recruiting
They took complete ownership of the project, seamlessly integrating into our team and working collaboratively. Their professionalism and responsiveness to our requests, feedback, and input made the experience even greater.